MeatBalls & Courgetti
Recipe Type: DINNER
Author: Claire O’Meara
- 1/2 pack minced beef
- 11/2 pack minced pork
- 1⁄2 medium onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil + more for coating 1 jar passata sauce
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- in a large bowl gently combine the ground beef and pork with all of the remaining ingredients except the tomato sauce & olive oil. Be very careful to not over mix.
- Form meatballs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frypant (one large enough to fit the meatballs) over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the meatballs and reduce to medium heat, occasionally turn the meatballs until they are fully browned.
- Carefully pour in the tomato sauce stirring to coat the meatballs.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, cover and cook meatballs until cooked through, about an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve the sauce and meatballs over the courgette