Stay in tip top condition with Sports Massage & Rehabilitation available at our Onsite Clinic
Hey It’s Laura,
Welcome to my page..
I’m a graduate Sports Therapist from the University of Huddersfield with over 5 years experience of providing sports injury treatment, massage and rehabilitation. I have previously worked at Huddersfield Giants RLFC and England Rugby League during previous Four Nations and World Cup tournaments.
Teaming with the Lifestyle Studios I’m able to provide the following:
Free Assessment and Consultation
Sports and Non Sports Injury Treatment
Deep and Soft Tissue Massage
Trigger Pointing and Myofascial Release
Muscle Energy Technique
Please leave me a message as I may be treating a client if I do not answer, I will get back to you as soon as I can.
What is Sports Therapy?
‘Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with, the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient. The aim is to bring the patient back to optimum levels of functional occupational and sport specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.’
At the lifestyle studios I provide assessment and consultation on Sporting and Non-Sporting injuries. You may compete in amateur or professional Sport, take part in the Lifestyle studio classes, train with Brendan or are looking for a treatment that gets rid of your knots, stresses, aches & pains. If so Sports Therapy can help.
‘Sport and Exercise Therapy is not just Sports Massage. However, Sports Therapists possess massage skills that are an integral part of their scope of practice.’
Sports Therapist are not Physiotherapist, but Sports Therapists will apply ‘physiotherapy’ skills because physiotherapy is defined as ‘the treatment of disease injury or deformity by physical methods including massage and exercise.’’
Conditions & Treatments
Anybody can benefit from Sports Therapy Treatments. You may have:
- back and neck pain
- shoulder pain
- muscle related headaches
- sciatic like symptoms
- knee pain
- posture concerns
- foot and ankle pain
- knotty and stiff muscles
- need pre or post event massage
- want to push your self further whilst training
I provide an initial assessment and consultation for every client to understand their needs. Aches and pains are not normal, therefore there must be a reason you can feel something is not quite right. Muscle and joint assessments will allow me to understand if a muscle is weak or lengthened (tight) if a ligament has been pulled or if a nerve is trapped.
From this information I may provide the following:
- Deep Tissue Massage: Or Sports massage is a hands on treatment to provide heat and encourage circulation to a muscle and remove lactic acid build up. Techniques may strip and pull at a muscle to improve the flexibility of the muscles fibers.
- Muscle Energy Technique: Working with a patient in a stretched position to increase the flexibility of a muscle, as the patient places themselves in the stretch it can create more movement in a muscle to allow greater range of motion at a joint.
- Kinesio Taping: Often seen on many professional athletes and non sporting people such as hairdressers. The colourful tape can be used to lengthen or stabilise a muscle movement. It can support an injury such as tennis elbow or reduce bruising.
- Exercise Rehabilitation: Adapting an exercises to improve joint stability improve core stability and correct posture will reduce the risk of further injury. It can also be used along side regular training to correct techniques to allow you to run faster, lift more or reduce the risk of neck and shoulder pain whilst sat at your office desk all day.
- Treatments can be used in combination with each other or separately. I am often asked which treatment will be better. but there is no answer as we are all different. a persons symptoms or injury is unique to them so must be treated that way.
Treatment can then be used to:
- reduce the symptoms of aches and pains
- prevent injury occurring
- strengthen core muscles to improve posture
- recover quicker after an event
- stop injuries developing more and return to work or training
Sports Therapy Pricing Guide
30min session £20
****** Please refer to the Policy Page for all information on cancelation / disclaimers ******